Your heating and plumbing systems are among the essential components in our home. Therefore, it would help if you protected them from the freezing cold temperatures. With winter on the way, we recommend that you schedule a complete plumbing and heating inspection before the temperatures plummet and the snowstorms arrive.
To find out more about winterizing your electrical and plumbing systems or to schedule service, contact Steve’s Plumbing & Heating at 715-421-1800.
Winterizing Your Heating System Checklist
It is just as important to winterize your heating system, as it is any other part of your home. Below is a heating system checklist:
● Check the thermostat to see if there are any wiring issues. Check the wiring that leads from the thermostat to the central furnace.
● Check the heating system wiring to ensure that all connection is tight and there are no loose wires.
● Inspect the heating system panel to ensure that it can handle the power load.
● Inspect the entire the heating system to identify areas where you can save on energy costs
● Check the main panel to fix any repairs or recommend a panel upgrade.
● Check the ductwork to make sure the ducts are sealed, in good shape, and free of all dust and debris
● Check all vents to make sure they are not blocked.
Winterizing Your Plumbing System Checklist
We can also inspect your plumbing system to identify areas that we may need to repair or replace. Here is the checklist:
● Insulate all pipes exposed to the outside. Fit the proper insulation to each pipe.
● Drain the septic system and make sure it is protected from the snow.
● Drain the water heater and clean out any sediment.
● Make sure the pilot light on the water heater is working.
● Check all wiring leading to the water heater
● Identify any leaks that are coming from pipes or faucets.
● Clear out any blockage in the plumbing system.
Save Money This Season with Winterization
If you want to save some money during the winter, then a complete inspection and maintenance of both your plumbing and heating systems could save you hundreds of dollars annually in repairs and energy costs.
We can help you find solutions for making your systems run more efficiently so that they will last longer. Preventative maintenance will also help you save money on repair and replacement costs.
Plumbing & Heating Service in Minneapolis, MN
Steve’s Plumbing & Heating offers complete heating and plumbing inspections and repairs for homeowners in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area. When you need service, you can count on us to be there to identify the problem and come up with a viable solution.
To find out more about our plumbing and heating services, call us at 715-421-1800. You can also message us on our contact page.