Is your heating and plumbing system ready for winter? If not, then an inspection from Steve’s Plumbing & Heating is in order. We can come to your home and assess both of this vital systems to determine how best to winterize your home. Below is a summary of how both of these services can benefit you.
Protecting Your Heating System from the Cold
Winterizing your home’s heater is more than just a matter of convenience. It’s also about keeping your family safe and warm through the brutal Wisconsin cold season. Here’s what our technicians can do for you:
● Change the Filters. Clogged filters keep the air from flowing freely through your heating system. This puts a considerable strain on the unit and makes it work harder than it has to.
● A Tune-Up. Like anything else, your heater needs ongoing maintenance to ensure that it is running properly, November through March. We can perform comprehensive maintenance on all your furnace’s components
● Calibrate the Thermostat. We can test your thermostat to make sure that the temperature on the screen is accurate.
Keep Your Plumbing System from Freezing
When winterizing your plumbing system, we focus on the following areas:
● Pipe Insulation. The best defense against the pipes freezing in your plumbing is insulation. We can insulate the pipes underneath the house and around the exterior.
● Drain the Septic System. We can keep your septic system from freezing up by properly draining it. If you haven’t had yours drained in a while, then now is a good time before it gets too cold.
● Drain the Water Heater. Do you need help draining your water heater? We can make sure that all the water is properly drained and that your water heater is properly working.
Save Money This Season with Winterization.
If you want to save some money during the winter, then a complete inspection and maintenance of both your plumbing and heating systems could save you hundreds of dollars annually in energy costs. We can help you find solutions for making your systems run more efficiently so that they will last longer. Preventative maintenance will also help you save money on repair and replacement costs.
Prepare for Winter with Steve’s Plumbing & Heating
At Steve’s Plumbing & Heating, we have built a reputation as a dependable and knowledgeable contractor that you can trust with all your plumbing & heating needs. Our technicians are Wisconsin certified and highly trained to work on all types of systems. Call us today at 715-421-1800 and let us help you prepare your home for winter. We service all residential properties in the Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin area.