Now that the colder warmer weather is here, it is time to make sure your AC system is in top condition for those balmy summer evenings. When those warm summer temperatures climb into the 80s and 90s, your home’s air conditioner needs to keep up. Having a reliable AC can also be a health concern for young children and the elderly. Steve’s Plumbing and Heating can help you make sure your AC is ready to go for the season.
Anticipate AC Problems Before They Arise
Few things put a hitch in your summer plans like coming inside from the hot Wisconsin air to realize your air conditioner won’t kick on. There are many reasons an air conditioning unit can go on the fritz from a failed compressor or motherboard to a faulty thermostat. However, preparing your AC unit ahead of time can prevent problems before they begin. Our HVAC experts can identify areas of concern and get your system ready for the sunny season, saving you a lot of money in the long run.
Steps to Get Your AC System Ready For the Summer:
1. Change the Filters. This simple step is crucial to keeping your system running smoothly.
2. Clean the Condensation Drain. The line that carries water away from your AC unit can become clogged, causing damage to your air conditioner or home. Our experts can clean this line and keeps things draining smoothly.
3. Check the Thermostat. Making sure your thermostat is working properly is fundamental to keeping your system functioning well all summer long. Our team can tell if your thermostat needs to be replaced.
4. Check the Outside Unit. We will check several components on the outside air conditioning unit to make sure they are clean and working properly. Our HVAC experts can clear out debris that may clog the unit.
5. Check the Air Ducts. Leaky air ducts can cause your air conditioning unit to have significant efficiency problems. We will check your ductwork to make sure there are no leaks or small holes.
The Perfect Time to Install a Programmable AC Thermostat
Our technicians can help you replace your thermostat with a programmable or web-enabled option. Recent improvements in technology make today’s thermostats superior to those of the past. A programmable thermostat can help you regulate the temperature in your home while you are asleep or at work during the day. There are several reasons to consider installing a programmable AC thermostat:
● Managing climate control can save costs.
● It can keep your home’s temperature more consistent.
● Spend less time adjusting your thermostat.
● Control your temperature from far away.
HVAC Experts in Central Wisconsin
Getting your AC ready for the summer season can be a tricky job. The heating and air conditioning technicians we have on staff at Steve’s Plumbing and Heating are highly trained in all types of air conditioning units. We can get your air conditioning unit working in top shape for the coming summer season. Our appliance installation and HVAC experts are also well-versed in plumbing, drain maintenance, trenchless sewer repair, and water heaters. We can also oversee fixture installation for bathroom remodels and kitchen remodels. For more information, call us at 715-421-1800, or you can message us on our contact page.